Join our team! Why?
You will get to develop data and backend solutions for our existing and new customers in development projects, working as a consultant and with our own data platform related products.
You can be an experienced data engineer looking to embrace Google Cloud tech or a backend developer who is looking to dive deeper into data engineering. We are open to various previous experiences. The most important part is that you want to create better business life solutions together with other enthusiastic developers.
This is your chance to be part of the growing Google Cloud Platform business. We are quick learners, love prototype-driven development and want to be worth our customers’ trust. Gapps is full of happy and curious Google Cloud experts and developers always looking for new ways of working.
Your day will include customer meetings, coffee breaks with your colleagues and knowledge sharing and learning from others. And of course, planning and developing data and backend solutions. At this role each day is different and you’ll be able to plan your days independently.
We are constantly learning and trying out new solutions, and we wish you to have a positive and open-minded attitude towards new ideas and learning. At Gapps we give people a lot of freedom, and in return expect a make-it-happen attitude and carrying of responsibility independently (but never alone).
To succeed in this role we expect you to have the following skills:
- A degree or studies on data & analytics and machine learning
- Experience in a variety of database and datawarehouse technologies, including SQL and noSQL
- Strong skills in backend developing / engineering
- Experience in Python and/or other scripting languages
In addition, if a few of these items you have experience with or possess, that will be plus:
- Working with cloud platforms (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
- Google Cloud Platform products experience (Bigquery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, App Engine, Datastore, Dataprep, Datalab/Notebooks, Cloud AI Platform, Bigtable, Cloud Storage).
- Google Cloud Certifications (Google Cloud Data Engineer, Google Cloud Developer, Google Cloud Architect).
- Experience in other Clouds as well (eg AWS) for migration projects and/or hybrid cloud products.
- Tensorflow, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka and other tools for distributed ML and Data Engineering.
- Using machine learning models in production.
- Data analysis and visualization.
- CI/CD tools and processes.
- Containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Agile methodologies.
- REST API understanding.
What about Gapps then?
Gapps exists to empower people with freedom, flexibility and new capabilities in their digital work and business. We strive to help us and our customers be competitive and agile in an ever-changing world.
Gapps’ core values are continuous learning & innovation, community, and trust. To see how our values manifest themselves in practice and what it means to be a Gappsian, check out our Gapps Culture Handbook. Happy and healthy Gappsians, happy customers and smart products are our main goals.
In Gapps, you are accompanied by a helpful and highly competent group of specialists that are unified by their interest in technology, and their willingness to innovatively utilise newest technologies and solutions for the development of better work, business, collaboration, and communication.
Inquiries, and how to apply
Last day to apply is 30.9.2020. We wish you could start working right away, whenever it is good for you.
If there is anything you would like to ask about the recruitment process or working at Gapps please contact our Head of People and Culture, Nina (firstname.lastname@example.org). If there is something you’d like to ask about the role or team, please contact Business Unit Director Tuomas (email@example.com).
More about Gapps
To all recruitment agencies: Gapps does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, recruiters, Gapps employees or any other organisation location. Gapps is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.