Cloud architect join our team! Why?
You will get to lead and design data platform solutions with Google Cloud technologies for our existing and new customers in development projects, working as a consultant and with our own data platform related products.
We are looking for an experienced architect who has a solid background in data engineering and also excellent communication skills. Ideally you would have experience with Google Cloud platform and are happy to work with prospects early on and help them to realize the potential of our products, services and solutions. You should be comfortable with leading other engineers during the projects and have a make-it-happen attitude towards projects.
This is your chance to be part of the growing Google Cloud Platform business. We are quick learners, love data and modern cloud architecture and want to be worthy of our customers’ trust. Gapps is full of happy and curious Google Cloud experts and developers always looking for new ways of working.
Your day will include customer meetings, coffee breaks with your colleagues, knowledge sharing and learning from others. And of course, designing data and backend solutions.
In this role, each day is different and you’ll be able to plan your days independently.
We are constantly learning and trying out new solutions, and we wish you to have a positive and open-minded attitude towards new ideas and learning. At Gapps we give people a lot of freedom, and in return expect a make-it-happen attitude and carrying of responsibility independently (but never alone).
We expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- A degree or studies on data & analytics and machine learning, or IT
- Multiple years of experience in data engineering / architecture
- Strong communications, presentation and project management skills
- Google Cloud Platform products and architecture design experience or equivalent (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in a variety of database and data warehouse technologies
- Strong skills in backend developing / engineering
- Experience in Python and/or other scripting languages
In addition, if a few of these items you have experience with or possess, that will be plus:
- Presales experience
- Working with other cloud platforms (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
- Google Cloud Certifications (Google Cloud Data Engineer, Google Cloud Developer, Google Cloud Architect).
- Experience in data migration projects
- Tensorflow, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka and other tools for distributed ML and Data Engineering.
- Data analysis and visualization.
- Agile methodologies
What about Gapps then?
Gapps exists to empower people with freedom, flexibility and new capabilities in their digital work and business. We strive to help us and our customers be competitive and agile in an ever-changing world.
Gapps’ core values are continuous learning & innovation, community, and trust. To see how our values manifest themselves in practice and what it means to be a Gappsian, check out our Gapps Culture Handbook. Happy and healthy Gappsians, happy customers and smart products are our main goals.
In Gapps, you are accompanied by a helpful and highly competent group of specialists that are unified by their interest in technology, and their willingness to innovatively utilise newest technologies and solutions for the development of better work, business, collaboration, and communication.
Inquiries, and how to apply
Last day to apply is October 30th and we wish you could start working as soon as possible.
If there is anything you would like to ask about the recruitment process or working at Gapps please contact our Head of People and Culture, Nina (firstname.lastname@example.org). If there is something you’d like to ask about the role or team, please contact Business Unit Director Tuomas (email@example.com).
More about Gapps
To all recruitment agencies: Gapps does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, recruiters, Gapps employees or any other organisation location. Gapps is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.